Facebook is a popular free social networking website that allows registered users to create profiles, upload photos and video, send messages and keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues.
Facebook includes public features such as:
- Marketplace – allows members to post, read and respond to classified ads.
- Groups – allows members who have common interests to find each other and interact.
- Events – allows members to publicize an event, invite guests and track who plans to attend.
- Pages – allows members to create and promote a public page built around a specific topic.
- Presence technology – allows members to see which contacts are online and chat.
- Status updates- a microblogging feature that allows members to broadcast short Twitter-like announcements to their friends
Recently questions have risen about Facebook’s privacy policies and information credibility. Regardless of recent concerns, Facebook is still a core component of any marketing strategy, but it shouldn’t be the only component.