LinkedIn is a business-oriented social networking site. With more than 414million registered members, LinkedIn is the most popular social network for professionals and one of the top social networks overall. Getting on the platform, developing a completed profile, and networking has helped many a jobseeker find work.
LinkedIn can be a powerful tool for individuals and companies looking to make new connections, generate leads, and build their brand. The site is a great fit for businesses, not only to promote themselves but to establish connections and build relationships. Adding LinkedIn to your marketing strategy can help you expand your network, find clients/customers, and create a professional image for you and your business.
LinkedIn‘s Main features include:
- Home: The home feed is your news feed
- Profile: Your profile shows your personal information, work history, interests, and recommendations
- My Network: A list of all the people you’re currently connected with on LinkedIn
- Jobs: Job listings that are posted on LinkedIn.
- Interests: You can follow certain interests on LinkedIn, like company pages and groups.
- Messages: Ability to send a private message to anyone on LinkedIn.
- Notifications: LinkedIn has a notification feature that lets you know about relevant activity on your page.
- Pending Invitations: People that send you connection invitations have to be approved.