2018 Small Business Marketing Trends Report
Marketing is constantly evolving and your marketing strategy will need to adapt as the digital landscape changes. Infusionsoft’s annual Small Business Marketing Trends Report might give some insight into your company’s marketing strategies for 2018.
Infusionsoft spoke with marketing leaders and top brands, to understand the trajectory that small business owners are headed in digital marketing. We broke down some of the top trends for you.
These are the Top 5 Marketing Trends for Small Businesses in 2018:
- Most small business owners don’t know if their marketing strategies are working
- According to the report, 46% of small business owners don’t know if they are successfully utilizing digital marketing. The best way for small business owners to feel confident in the success of their digital marketing strategy is through tracking leads and customer conversion rates. Many small business owners are, by and large, underutilizing tools like CRM and marketing automation. Tracking is vital to understand the success of your digital marketing plan.
- 2018 is the year of social media marketing.
- Social media is the golden ticket! A Statista Study estimated that the number of worldwide social media users reached 2.34 billion, so chances are, your customers are already using social media. Social media is a great tool to directly interact with your consumers and engage with potential leads.
- Top 3 Digital Marketing Tools of 2018
- Infusionsoft broke down the spending percentages for the top 3 social media management tools: social media management (38%), SEO and digital ads (30%), and website analytics (24%). It is important for small businesses to invest in a variety of digital marketing tools, and diversify their digital portfolio.
- Small Business owners are trying to get by without spending more on digital marketing
- Over a quarter of small business owners will try to get by in 2018 without spending more on digital marketing. Digital marketing can be expensive if it isn’t done effectively. Cutting costs can also lead to cutting results. A dedicated marketing team can help you get the most bang for your buck!
- The biggest challenge for small business owners is finding the time or resources for marketing
- More than 1 in 5 small businesses report that their greatest challenge is finding the time to properly market their business. Marketing can be time consuming and tedious to small business owners who have much more important things on their plate to worry about. This is where Marketing Influence comes in to save the day! We provide outsourced, customized marketing at a cost that won’t break the bank. Let us worry about your social media marketing needs while you focus on running your business. With a wide range of customizable services and a flexible schedule, Marketing Influence will market your small business and focus on your growth goals.
Marketing Influence creates marketing programs that are customized to your goals and budget. Connect with us now to learn more about how we can help you with your social media strategy.