Every business should have an online presence, no matter the size. If you are interested in growing your brand and attracting new customers, having an online presence is the way to establish that you are a real business and open communications with potential customers.
Websites greatly increase the performance of small businesses and yet, 29% of small businesses do not have a website.
Here are 9 reasons why a website is vital for your small business.
Customers Expect a Website
- This is the most important reason to have a website. According to the American Marketing Association, 6 in 10 consumers expect a brand to have a website. A customer is never wrong, right? If consumers can’t find you online, they will find your product from a different company that does have a website.
- A website offers your company legitimacy, and can position you as an expert in your industry.
Show Your Products and Services Online
- You can showcase your products online with high resolution images, and provide additional information to hesitant customers, like how-to videos and product reviews.
Reach Potential Customers from a Larger Audience
- Your loyal customers who visit your store are vital to your business, which is amazing, but confining your business to your storefront and word of mouth limits the amount of potential customers. Maintaining a presence online allows you the opportunity to reach potential customers all over the world.
Increased Opportunity for Sales
- Let face it, you are not out pitching your product at 4 in the morning. Your store is closed, and you have been asleep for hours. However, your online store is still open, which could lead to more sales while you sleep. According to Workarea, most online shoppers are the most active between 8-10pm. Your website helps facilitate these late night sales that you could be missing out on.
Increase Search Engine Rankings
- You want your company to show up in the Google search result when a customer googles your product or service. A website is a great way to help with this. You can optimize your website for search engines, helping it rise in the list when customers search for a product or service you offer.
- A website allows you to track who is visiting your website and collect data from potential customers.
Your Competitors Have Websites
- Your competitors already have websites and your absence online will give your competitors an edge and leave you at risk of falling behind. If they aren’t already online, you will have an advantage by penetrating the online arena before your competitors do.
It Isn’t Rocket Science
- Unless you are a rocket scientist looking to build a website for yourself. Most sites don’t require extensive coding or technical skills to build a website. Anyone, including you, can build a website with a little help. There are qualified marketing professionals who can help you build a beautiful responsive website that is perfect for your small business.
Marketing Influence creates marketing programs that are customized to your goals and budget. Connect with us now to learn more about how we can help you build and manage your customized website.