Social Media is Important for Your Small Business
If you haven’t already began using social media for your company, you may be wondering if it is important. Do you really need to utilize social media, or is a web presence and monthly newsletter enough? Well, if you want to reach customers and stay competitive, the answer is yes! You will need to utilize social media.
Some of the main reasons why:
1. Your Customers Are Using It
There is no denying it: people, including your customers, are using social media, and will continue to use it. According to Hootsuite, in 2017, 81% of the population of the United States had a social networking profile. A Statista Study estimated that the number of worldwide social media users reached 2.34 billion and is expected to grow to some 2.95 billion by 2020. It is very likely that your target market is already using social media. If you want to reach your potential clients where they live, you need to have a presence where they are already interacting- online.
2. It Gives You a Competitive Advantage
Your competitors are probably already using social media. Your absence on social media will give your competitors an edge and leave you at risk of falling behind. And if they aren’t using social media, you will already have an advantage by penetrating the online arena before your competitors do.
3. It Helps You Connect with Clients and Prospects
Social media is unique in the world of marketing in that it gives companies a chance to engage in dialogue with its consumers and potential clients. Social media creates a community feeling and makes your brand approachable and inviting. If customers feel that they can communicate openly with your, they will be more likely to trust your brand, and your products or services.
Need more incentive?
Here are some more social media statistics that prove that you should be utilizing sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- There are 3.196 billion social media users worldwide in 2018 (Hootsuite)
- 68% of U.S. adults are now Facebook users (Pew Survey: Social Media Use)
- ¾ of Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram users visit each site daily (Pew Survey: Social Media Use)
- 93% of businesses are expected to increase their social ad spend in 2018. (Ascend Report)
- 43% of marketers say they’ve sourced at least one customer on LinkedIn (LinkedIn)
Connect with Marketing Influence to learn more about how we can help you with your social media strategy, tailored specifically for small businesses.